At Cribden House School, we expect children to attend school every day, as long as they are fit and healthy to do so.
Research shows that pupils who attend school regularly are more likely to do well in the future. Regular attendance helps children to develop their confidence and to make and keep lasting friendships.
We feel that the most important way to promote good attendance is to ensure that both pupils and parents have a positive relationship with school.
If your child is absent you must:
· Contact school as soon as possible on the first day of absence. You can leave a message on the school’s answer machine or report your child absence on class dojo.
· If you child comes on transport provided by Lancashire County Council, you will also need to inform them on 01282 831 858.
If your child is absent we will:
· Telephone you on the first day of absence if we have not heard from you;
· If we cannot contact you we will contact all the numbers you have provided, this is to ensure we know that your child is safe.
· After the second day of absence we may visit you at home, we would like to know that your child and YOU are safe.
· Class staff will keep in regular contact with you if your child is off for a significant period of time.
Please see out Attendance policy in the policies section of the website for more in depth information.